We are currently seeking a Civil Estimator to join our Construction team. The Civil Estimator will assist the estimating staff with all aspects of estimating including quantity take-offs, pricing, and bidding of Heavy Civil construction projects in Harris County, Texas, and surrounding areas. Vast working knowledge of large diameter underground utilities, paving, and concrete structures required. Experience estimating projects $5MM and larger. Ability to estimate crew productions and project durations. Ability to read and understand project specifications, construction drawings and perform basic risk analysis. The Civil Estimator should possess sound organizational and time management skills.
The Civil Estimator will produce a very detailed scope of materials, labor, equipment and overhead specific to the requirements for each project. The Civil Estimator will support estimating staff in the review of project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Perform detailed takeoffs
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications
- Review accurate quantity takeoffs
- Review schedule for work required
- Mark plans accordingly checking and highlighting items taken off
- Enter required item notes for each item
- Note any alternatives to specifications
- Complete takeoff and review for reporting to Senior Management
- 5+ years of experience as an Estimator in the Heavy Civil industry
- Must have experience with large diameter underground utilities
- Must have experience with concrete structures
- Must have experience with concrete paving and associated work
- Must have experience estimating municipal projects in densely populated urban environments
- Working knowledge of deep underground utilities and trenchless technologies
- Requires ability to comprehend engineer’s plans and specifications
- Above-average math and reading skills are essential
- Must have experience with on-screen take-offs
- Must have experience with HCSS products including HeavyBid
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members
- 7+ years of experience as an Estimator in the Water / Wastewater Industry
- 7+ years of experience as an Estimator for Road Reconstruction projects
- Working knowledge of structural concrete
- Field experience a plus
- Prefer candidates from Texas
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Vacation Package
- 401(k) Package
- Health Insurance Package
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
FUSED Industries, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. FUSED Industries, LLC complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.