Outstanding opportunity to join a well-respected heavy civil construction company that primarily focuses on underground utilities, mass excavation, paving and bridgework. We are currently seeking experienced and safety-oriented Heavy Equipment Operators to join our team and safely and efficiently operate a variety of heavy equipment in the greater Houston-Metropolitan area. The operator will be responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life. Heavy equipment may include but is not limited to front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment.
- Operate various pieces of large equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations to effectively and efficiently complete excavation, grading, material spreading, base building, and/or earth moving to prep and construct roads and other heavy civil infrastructure
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by performing regular checks on their functionality
- Document regular maintenance checks to maintain adequate records of equipment performance
- Provide preventative maintenance to ensure equipment is safe and operating properly
- Regularly clean equipment to preserve its quality and functionality
- Perform minor repairs on equipment as necessary
- Report needs for larger repairs to the appropriate parties
- Abide by all local, state, and federal regulations, as well as all company safety procedures
- Commit to the overall safety of the work environment by always taking extra precautions to work with the utmost care and consideration
Qualifications, Competencies and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working with heavy equipment
- Ability to pass all required safety orientation and training
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions, give full attention to what other people are saying, and logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Self Control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations
- Cooperation: Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
FUSED Industries, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. FUSED Industries, LLC complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.