Outstanding opportunity to join a well-respected heavy civil construction company that primarily focuses on underground utilities, mass excavation, paving and bridgework. We are currently hiring construction laborers who will work in the greater Houston-Metropolitan area. The duties of the construction laborer consist of performing tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition/mass excavation sites. It also consists of operating hand and power tools of all types, cleaning and preparing sites, digging trenches, setting braces to support the sides of excavations, erecting scaffolding, and cleaning up rubble and debris.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes
- Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications
- Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials
- Safely operate hand and power tools of all types
Qualifications, Competencies and Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass all required safety orientation and training
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions, give full attention to what other people are saying, and logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Self Control: Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations
- Cooperation: Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
FUSED Industries, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. FUSED Industries, LLC complies with applicable local, state and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at each location the Company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.