Site Supervisor / Piping Foreman
Become a valuable part of FUSED Industries. We’re growing and looking for a Site Supervisor who will work in the greater Houston area!
Foremen/Supervisors employed by FUSED Industries may be required to work in several environments which include, but are not limited to:
- Chemical Plants
- Food Processing Plants
- Public Institutions (i.e. medical facilities or educational facilities)
- Fused Shop
Professionalism, accuracy, and efficiency are key characteristics to this position. Attention to detail, following safety protocols, and facility rules
are essential to successful employment in this position. Special emphasis on safety, quality, and schedule protocols must be foremost in this position’s
priorities. Fused Industries actively promotes its Safety Program and expects all employees to strictly adhere to it to protect the well being of persons
and property at any given jobsite. The Piping Foreman/Site Supervisor is accountable to the Project Manager for all onsite activities and site performance.
The following skills and knowledge are minimal and may not be inclusive of all demands for specific jobs.
- Have successful prior tenure as a pipefitter/welder.
- Have prior experience in supervising pipefitter and welding crews, minimum of 4 to 10 employees.
- Advanced skill level in reading and interpreting P&ID, isometric, and structural drawings.
- Good customer relation/interface skills.
- Ability to administer safety, quality, and other company policies to direct reports.
- Creation and execution of detailed production schedules and communication of deficiencies to the Project Manager.
- Maintenance of direct report time sheets.
- Capable of concise technical communication through written and verbal skills (using English language) with Management and Customer contacts.
- Working knowledge of applicable piping codes.
- Possess advanced understanding and knowledge of most piping material grades, pipe sizes, pipe fittings, and nomenclatures used in various industries
where piping is commonly used.
- Advanced knowledge in welding of different materials, welding processes, and material characteristics.
- Capable of directing work to established quality standards.
- Understand different requirements for different jobs (i.e. medical facility vs. chemical plant).
- Capable of developing a macro-view of a job scope and translate that view into a sequenced work plan to efficiently accomplish the overall job goals,
focusing on safety and quality.
- Ability to calculate cut lengths and perform material take-offs from isometrics and P&ID.
- Able to identify safety requirements such as Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, Hot Work Permits, and properly execute.
- Timely communication of project manpower, equipment, hand tools, construction materials, safety, and other needs to the Project Manager.
- Individual must be a “hands-on” supervisor capable of demonstrating required skills to direct reports when necessary.
- Safety conscious.
- Quality conscious.
- Schedule driven.
- Conscientious and concise in all work performed (high self-expectations).
- Professional appearance.
- Professional behavior.
- Neat and clean with all work performed (good housekeeping habits).
- Concise and clear communicator, fluent English a must.
- Service oriented (customer friendly).
- Criminal free background and driving record.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with others.
REQUIRED HAND TOOLS & PPE
- All employees must wear the site-specific PPE. Minimum requirements are safety glasses and steel-toe boots/shoes.
- Fused Industries will supply non-prescription safety glasses, hearing protection (where required), hard hats, safety vests, and face shields (when
required). All other PPE or preference items are the responsibility of the employee and shall meet applicable ANSI standards.
- Piping Foreman/Supervisor is not required to have any hand tools other than a tape measure.