The role is designed to create a proactive Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environmental culture by directing and assisting with the evaluation,
development, maintenance, and management of key QHSSE processes. This function will be a shared QHSSE management role across both FUSED Industries
divisions – Industrial Services and Heavy Civil Construction. The QHSSE manager will also develop a strategic plan which contributes to building a
proactive, quality and safety oriented company culture in all aspects of day-to-day business execution within company offices, in transportation, to
- Ensure OSHA compliance - compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to training, recordkeeping, permits, reports, policy
- and procedures and other related compliance issues. Including obtaining ISO-9001 Certification for the company.
- Ensure environmental compliance - compliance with Federal, State, Local and Corporate requirements relating to record keeping, permits, reports, training
- and other related concerns (Technical Environmental Contact).
- Manage HSE software programs such as Avetta, ISNetworld and other applicable software as needed.
- Manage Man Hour Reporting internal and external related to company needs.
- Manage hazardous waste disposal, tracking, and reporting for the Houston fabrication facility and all external client sites.
- Ensures all environmental permits are current, as applicable, for both Houston and external client sites.
- Manage the document control system and process for all documents within the company Share Point Site.
- Trains, monitors and coaches team members to improve skill level, to ensure adherence to principles, policies and standards to improve safety, health
- and environmental processes in a reliable and cost effective manner. Participates in accident investigations, problem resolution, and appropriate feedback
- (positive and corrective) within the teams and sites.
- Ensure the Industrial Hygiene plan is current and documented for each site.
- Provides support in compiling data and evaluating statistics for management, OSHA, and customer quotation requirements / reporting.
- Be familiar with worker’s compensation and third party medical case management programs.
- Participates in / leads monthly manager conference calls to review safety incidents and concerns.
- Initiate a safety program within FUSED Industries to drive safety awareness, strengthen our safety culture and establish proactive initiatives.
- Follow-up on Corporate cycle audits with semi-annual audits to ensure problem resolution and overall HS&E compliance. Follow-up on site monthly
- audits to ensure action items have been completed.
- Interface with Corporate staff and assist in Safety and Environmental audits off site.
- Decrease FUSED Industries exposure to financial risk and protect the corporation from liabilities, which may result from safety incidents.
- Any other duties as necessary.
Undergraduate degree in safety management or similar discipline with 5-7 years safety experience in manufacturing field supporting upstream/midstream/downstream energy companies or engineering company including machining, fabrication, welding, assembly, testing, pressure testing, and material handling, or 5 to 7 years equivalent knowledge and experience. Competency with developing processes to improve compliance with HSE or Security management systems. Knowledge of OHSA regulations and experience in Federal, State and Local Governmental Regulations, Investigations, Audits, and legal reporting compliance is required. Environmental knowledge a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Possesses the ability lead networks and teams to achieve objectives. Ability to identify problems and collaborate within a team environment to develop solutions. Experience with web-based software system. Strong interpersonal skills working with all levels of the organization and computer literate with experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Office. Experience with software such as ISNetworld, Avetta and other systems. It is the policy of FUSED Industries to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.